How often should you post new articles to your realty blog?
Remember when everyone used to get a newspaper tossed at their front door by 7:00am every morning? The entire neighborhood would know about the news from the previous day and the consistency of expecting the newspaper was engrained in our lifestyles. This same routine of expecting new content should be what you strive for on your realty blog. If your real estate marketing goals don’t include a consistent blog your website will take a long time to grow traction.
5 Reasons your Realty Blog Needs a Schedule
- Give your reader’s consistency: Just like the morning paper your blog should produce content on a regular basis. You can choose whether it is daily, every other day, or weekly. (If your blog produces less than one post per week it will be hard to develop a following on your social media networks). Establish a schedule that you can stick to and your readers can anticipate!
- Your website traffic will grow faster: It is said that blogs that produce regular content get a boost of almost 30% increased traffic as time goes on. This means the search engines will find and index more of your content and your readers and social media connections will have more to share.
- You can plan out in advance a brand strategy: If your homeowner clients have no clue how to prepare their home for an open house or you’re trying to teach them about curb appeal – why not create an editorial calendar to strategically share your expertise? A blog editorial calendar can be as simple as taking your calendar and your goals for your target audience and start planning seasonal content. Instead of your posts sounding erratic and unorganized you will have a roll out plan of information to deliver to your clients regularly.
- Your realty website will become an authoritative destination: Have you noticed your favorite websites always produce new content and they’re perceived as a “trusted resource” for information? This is the goal of your realty website. When your content is delivered on a schedule your industry peers and clients will start going to you as THE resource for realty content in your chosen niche.
- Most likely your competition isn’t doing it! One of the most important reasons your realty blog needs a schedule is most real estate professionals AREN’T doing it! When you decide to take your web presence seriously, deliver evergreen content regularly… you’ll be surprised how your colleagues will quickly want to know why your website is getting boosted traffic and in turn… MORE LEADS!
For most real estate professionals the concept of time management is a huge challenge when scheduling their blog content. That’s why we’ve created Influential Realtor PRO to help you write, schedule, and promote your content. If you’d like more information – feel free to contact us